The manager of Middlesbrough FC, Tony Mowbray, has said that Kieron Dyer’s contract will not be extended by the club next season.
Dyer had signed for Middlesbrough only at the start of this year for six months. He has so far featured for them in 9 matches and has scored a couple of goals.
The Middlesbrough management doesn’t seem to be impressed with what Dyer has done so far for them in the second half of the season. So, they will release the English midfielder at the end of this season.
When asked about the extension of Dyer’s contract, Mowbray said, “No, we are not looking to extend his contract. Our aim is to build a young squad and we will be signing some of the younger guys during the transfer window.”
“It has been brilliant to work with Kieron. He has been absolutely fantastic not only during matches, but, off the ground as well. He has entertained all of us during his tenure here. He is a very popular character in the camp and he will be really missed.”
Mowbray also made it clear that Josh McEachran and Sammy Ameobi who are currently playing for Middlesbrough on loan will go back to their respective parent clubs at the end of this season.
McEachran and Ameobi are the contracted players of Chelsea and Newcastle United respectively.
McEachran has been a regular member of Middlesbrough starting XI this season. He has so far played 38 matches for the club.
When asked whether these two players would stay at Middlesbrough or return to their parent clubs, Mowbray said, “There is a good possibility that they will be going back. I am not announcing that officially. I will have to talk to the managers of those two clubs before making any official announcement. But, as things stand now, I think they will return.”
Kieron Dyer has signed for Middlesbrough. The England international completed his move to Middlesbrough on the last day of the transfer window.
Dyer was released by his previous club Queens Park Rangers in January. Since then, he had been training with the Ipswich Town team.
Dyer played for his previous club QPR for a couple of years. But, he struggled a lot with fitness problems during those two years. He managed to make just 5 appearances for QPR.
After signing Dyer, the manager of Middlesbrough Tony Mowbray said, “Kieron trained with our squad yesterday and his fitness is fine. He looked sharp during the training session.”
“He has had quite a few injury issues in the last 6 years, but, at this point of time, his fitness is really good. I saw him playing for QPR last month and he was in good nick. He still has a lot of football left in him.”
“I worked with Kieron when he was playing for Ipswich Town. He was a young man at that time, but, he had a got a great temperament even at that age.”
“Some people told me that it would be a big risk to bring in Kieron as his fitness has really been poor in the last few years. But, I don’t want to have a look at his past fitness records. I know that his fitness is good currently and that’s the most important thing.”
When Dyer himself was asked about his new club, the midfielder said, “After leaving QPR, a few clubs approached me, but, when I talked to Tony Mowbray, I felt that this is the club which I should join.”
Dyer is expected to play his first match for Middlesbrough against Ipswich Town on Saturday.
The QPR manager Harry Redknapp has revealed that he is not sure whether the former Newcastle and West Ham United midfielder Kieron Dyer will be included in the squad that will be submitted for the next six months of the Premier league season.
The Premier league clubs are allowed to name predefined squads for a period of six months. This may include any number of young players, but the senior players are limited to just 25. Kieron Dyer has suffered a lot of injury problems in recent years, which have limited him to making only a handful of appearances for QPR and his former club West Ham.
He recently played in the match against Manchester United, but it was his only game since September. The manager Harry Redknapp has also said that he is right now getting treatment for his current problem, which means that he will not be selected for the match during the weekend. These persistent problems with injuries are likely to prevent Kieron Dyer by being named in the 25 man squad for the next six months of the Premier league. Harry Redknapp failed to confirm the same, but it is a thought to be the case because the manager is already pursuing a number of transfer targets.
“He’s injured. He might be an option if he’s fit, but he’s not. He’s having treatment at the moment,” said Harry Redknapp ahead of the weekend's match with Newcastle. The away trip to Newcastle is an extremely difficult proposition to get three points for the club, but they go into the match on the back of the recent conference given by the victory over Fulham. The match against Fulham ended in the first victory for the club this Premier league campaign, which also lifted them off the foot of the table.
The QPR assistant manager Mark Bowen has said that he wants the QPR players to get angry about the current league position, which he hopes that will turn around the season for the struggling London team.
Despite spending a lot of money on several high profile players like Park Ji sung and José Bosingwa, QPR have found it difficult to get the first win of the season under the manager Mark Hughes. The former Manchester city and Fulham manager has come under intense pressure, and he is not expected to last long in the job if results do not improve before Christmas.
Even though he has had the public backing of the owner Tony Fernandes, it is seriously thought that the Malaysian is considering other replacements if results do not improve. As a result of the winless run that now stretches to 10 games, QPR find themselves just one place above the bottom of the table. They were not expected to be in a relegation fight let alone just one place above the bottom of the table. The QPR manager Mark Hughes has said that it would be a catastrophe if the club were to go down, but he would do anything to prevent that from happening.
"They held their hands up and took it on board and we will work at it to make sure we are better next time. We encouraged them to point a few fingers and put demands on them. I want them to be a bit more angry and demanding of each other. People talk about Harry Redknapp and this and that. The fact is he took over Southampton in 2005 as the big saviour and he took them down," said the QPR assistant manager ahead of this weekend's encounter with Stoke city, who are the draw specialists.
Queens Park Rangers have made their way into the third round of the Capital One Cup with an easy victory over Walsall at the Loftus Road football ground. Two experienced players of QPR i.e. Kieron Dyer and Alejandro Faurlin made a comeback by playing in this match.
Faurlin hadn’t played for QPR after the FA Cup match against Milton Keynes Dons in January this year due to his knee injury, while, Dyer had been out of the team since the last one year due to the foot injury that he had discovered while playing in a Premier League match against Bolton Wanderers in the last season.
QPR won the match quite comfortably by a profound margin of 3-0. The stadium was not jam packed and only 6,129 people were out there to watch the match. Almost 60% of the seats were empty. The QPR team started the match well and attacked right from the beginning. Shaun Wright-Phillips took his team ahead in the match by scoring his first goal for the club.
Bobby Zamora set up the goal by passing the ball to Phillips inside the box. Phillips didn’t make any mistake in flicking the ball into the goal post. Phillips had joined QPR in the last season, but, he didn’t manage to score even a single goal in the last season. So, he would have been quite relieved after finding the net for the first time for QPR. That was the only goal to be scored in the first half.
Bobby Zamora doubled the lead of his team in the second half by giving the finishing touch to Kieron Dyer’s brilliant pass. Just a few minutes before the end of the match, Jose Bosingwa scored the third goal for QPR and made it almost impossible for Walsall to come back in the match. The Walsall team didn’t score even a single goal in the match and lost the match eventually. QPR will play its next match against Manchester City.
Want to win a Liverpool signed photo? Send us your score prediction for the next match via twitter, and you might win! :)
QPR manager Mark Hughes has moved swiftly to forget the memories of the bad 5-0 loss on the opening day of the season at the hands of Swansea by bringing in the Real Madrid defender Ricardo Carvalho on a season-long loan deal. The former Chelsea defender is recognised as one of the best defenders in the world, but he has grown frustrated with life at the Santiago Bernabeu due to the lack of first-team opportunities. It is expected that the Portuguese international will now make the move to Loftus Road once he had his medical and agrees to the personal terms.
The 34-year-old former Portuguese international may not be at the peak of his career, but he will provide QPR with valuable experience at the back. He will be joined by the former Chelsea defender José Bosingwa, who has signed for the club on a free transfer after being released by Chelsea at the end of last season. QPR are also looking to bring in the Tottenham defender Michael Dawson. They have had a £ 7.5 million bid for the 28-year-old accepted recently. This fee could rise to up to £ 10 million depending upon the performances of the player at Loftus Road.
"If you're not careful it can be embarrassing if you're two or three behind and you're chasing the game. It was certainly that. A number of individuals did OK but the team performance was nowhere near where it needed to be. You can make all the excuses you want, but it doesn't wash with me. It's unacceptable and highlights there are players who are not where they need to be," said Mark Hughes after the 5-0 defeat at the hands of Swansea. QPR were extremely poor in the match, despite spending a lot of money in the summer transfer window.
QPR manager Mark Hughes has indicated that the club are likely to witness a clear out in the summer in order to improve as a squad. As a result, many big names like Kieron Dyer are expected to leave the club at the end of the season.
The former Newcastle United star is out of contract at the end of the season. He was signed by former QPR manager Neil Warnock in the summer, but has failed to make any significant contribution during the season. He has been out injured for most of the season and it seems that Mark Hughes has not decided to offer the midfielder a new contract.
The likes of Danny Gabbidon and Danny Shittu are also out of contract at the end of the season. QPR face a fight to stay in the Premier league. They will be travelling to the Etihad stadium on Sunday knowing that they can stay in the league if they just get a point against the title chasing Manchester city. They can also stay up if Bolton failed to win their match against Stoke. It is extremely vital that QPR stay in the Premier league next season because they have spent a lot of money on big-name players, who are on large contracts. It would be extremely difficult for QPR to sustain them if they drop down to the Championship.
"Every club will look at their current staff and what they need to build and get stronger. And that won't change no matter what club I'm at. We're looking to make it stronger and that means a number of players will go as a result," said Mark Hughes ahead of the final game of the season. None have given QPR a chance of survival in the division, but they go into the final game with hope.
QPR have been dealt a massive blow with the news that their star midfielder Kieron Dyer has been ruled out for the rest of the season. Kieron Dyer has a number of injury problems during the course of his career, but it has become extremely bad of late. Kieron Dyer missed a large portion of the last few years with various niggling problems, which have continued into this QPR career as well. The latest injury is relating to the foot problem he has been suffering of late, and QPR have confirmed that the midfielder will be undergoing surgery.
Kieron Dyer made his first start for the club on the opening game of the season, and got injured almost immediately. Since then, he has not played for QPR. Of course, QPR manager Neil Warnock would have known in the first place that signing Kieron Dyer would be a massive gamble because of this injury problems, but he would have been hoping to extract at least a few more games from the midfielder. Despite his injury problems, Dyer is known to excel when fully fit and he would have been a massive boost for QPR in their efforts to stay in the Premier League this season.
“This is a devastating blow for Kieron. I have never met a more determined pro in my career, and he really doesn't deserve this. The specialist said he thought Kieron could return before Christmas without the need for an operation and is disappointed that this is not the case, and he has no alternative now but to operate,” manager Neil Warnock said with regard to the surgery he is set to undergo in the next few days. Dyer had signed a one-year contract with the club in the summer and it is not known whether the club will extend it or not.