Queens Park Rangers have made their way into the third round of the Capital One Cup with an easy victory over Walsall at the Loftus Road football ground. Two experienced players of QPR i.e. Kieron Dyer and Alejandro Faurlin made a comeback by playing in this match.

Faurlin hadn’t played for QPR after the FA Cup match against Milton Keynes Dons in January this year due to his knee injury, while, Dyer had been out of the team since the last one year due to the foot injury that he had discovered while playing in a Premier League match against Bolton Wanderers in the last season.

QPR won the match quite comfortably by a profound margin of 3-0. The stadium was not jam packed and only 6,129 people were out there to watch the match. Almost 60% of the seats were empty. The QPR team started the match well and attacked right from the beginning. Shaun Wright-Phillips took his team ahead in the match by scoring his first goal for the club.

Bobby Zamora set up the goal by passing the ball to Phillips inside the box. Phillips didn’t make any mistake in flicking the ball into the goal post. Phillips had joined QPR in the last season, but, he didn’t manage to score even a single goal in the last season. So, he would have been quite relieved after finding the net for the first time for QPR. That was the only goal to be scored in the first half.

Bobby Zamora doubled the lead of his team in the second half by giving the finishing touch to Kieron Dyer’s brilliant pass. Just a few minutes before the end of the match, Jose Bosingwa scored the third goal for QPR and made it almost impossible for Walsall to come back in the match. The Walsall team didn’t score even a single goal in the match and lost the match eventually. QPR will play its next match against Manchester City.

Want to win a Liverpool signed photo? Send us your score prediction for the next match via twitter, and you might win! 🙂

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.